A Lanterne Dx IHC Technician/Histotechnician is responsible for performing all necessary IHC, immunofluorescence (IF), in situ hybridization (ISH), and histology procedures related to projects including but not limited to grossing, trimming, processing, embedding, sectioning, and staining of non-human and human samples. The IHC Technician/Histotechnician will also perform various tasks required for receiving, processing, preparing, and analyzing patient tissue specimens in accordance with relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and regulatory requirements. The IHC Technician/ Histotechnician must demonstrate the ability to work independently.
• Use automated equipment and instruments including microscopes, tissue processors, embedding centers, microtomes, stainers, autostainers, and other laboratory equipment.
• Performs fixation, tissue dehydration, tissue embedding (OCT, FFPE), sectioning, and slide staining (H&E, special stains).
• Performs routine and non-routine activities involved in the staining of IHC, IF, and ISH slides for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s), according to policies and procedures, including confirmation, optimization, and validation of IHC antibodies.
• Prepares solutions, stains, and reagents in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPS).
• Ensure proper functioning, maintenance, and cleanliness of all laboratory equipment and work areas, including proper documentation
• Performs and monitors inventory of supplies, equipment, and reagents used, and places orders for replacements as required
• Shows ability to handle unexpected situations and can exercise independent thought and action.
• Maintain accurate documentation, including computerized documentation, in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Follow, review, and author standard operating procedures (SOPS), as applicable.
• Ensure all materials and reagents are stored at appropriate conditions and are not expired
• Accepts accountability and responsibility for actions and own behavior.
• Continually look for new and more efficient ways of performing tasks to improve the capabilities and capacity of the histology lab.
• Organizes work for effective utilization of time.
• Other duties, as assigned by manager.
• Associates degree with a minimum of zero to two (0-2) years’ experience (Histotechnician I), up to (5) years’ experience (Histotechnician II), up to ten (10) years’ experience (Histotechnician III), or 10+ years’ experience (Lead/Sr. Histotechnician)
• Registered Histotechnologist (ASCP, HTL) or Histotechnician (ASCP, HT). Qualification in Immunohistochemistry (QIHC, ASCP) preferred
• 2 years of immunohistochemistry experience. 1 year of histology experience preferred.
• Spatial ability to perceive three-dimensional and geometric relationships when cutting paraffin blocks and making embedding molds.
• Finger dexterity to manipulate the micro-thin tissue sections and to mount onto microscope slides
• Color discrimination to verify diagnostic quality of staining processes in order that essential features of tissue sections can be properly defined.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Commitment to Lanterne Dx Vision and Values
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in writing laboratory SOPs and other QMS documentation.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and other basic productivity applications.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and cross departmentally.
• Short-Term Disability
• Generous PTO/Sick Leave
• 8 Company-paid holidays/personal day
• Paid-time off for bereavement, jury duty, voting
• 401k with limited company match
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (lifting boxes, files, etc.). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color differentiation, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, talk, and hear.
$54,000-$75,000 per year ($26-36 per hour)
Send your Resume and why you are interested in joining our team to Sallen@LanterneDx.com